gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Enabling PCL - How?

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Enabling PCL - How?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:54:52 +1000

Hi Nimalan.

Thanks for your interest in GCL.  Apologies for the delay but it looks like
we're all occupied elsewhere at present.

| I'm trying to enable PCL, because I'd like to use ASDF (seems to require
| CLOS unfortunately). I want to use ASDF for UFFI.
|
| Anyway, I can't seem to find complete instructions on how to build GCL
| with PCL. There's the readme file that describes how to build GCL and
| gcl/pcl/impl/gcl/README that just tells me to make certain symlinks.
|
| I'm not exactly sure how to tie the two together. Could someone point me
| to documentation on compiling with PCL or tell me how to enable PCL?

To enable PCL, either get an ANSI binary for GCL or build with
"configure --enable-ansi".

I haven't tried to build ASDF or UFFI on Unix platforms but I know that ASDF
doesn't work on Windows (the place I usually work) and my guess is that GCL
is not supported in the UFFI sources.

Any experiences/patches you get while looking into these things will be much
appreciated on this list and likewise we'll try to help you as we can - it's
not always this slow.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.