gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] File load algorithm

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] File load algorithm
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 13:34:52 -0800

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 8:09 AM Camm Maguire <camm@maguirefamily.org> wrote:
Here is a somewhat crazy idea which is nonetheless related to the
pathname work I'm doing now.  What about supporting version :newest,
with non-wildcard pathnames containing this referring to the pathname,
and #p"/foo/bar/*.{o,lsp,lisp}" (with version set to :newest) referring
to the intended target?

FWIW, cmucl's load looks for "lisp", "l", "cl", "lsp" in the order for source files and then looks for fasl files with extension "sse2f" (or x86) and "lbytef" (byte-compiled files).
Take care,