gcl-devel

Re: macOS status

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: macOS status
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:17:59 -0500

Greetings!  The GC and memory bounds control in both systems is
identical.  The 2.7 compiler is doing much more and the bootstrap as
previously explained is currently needlessly slow.  But to the extent
you see the [GC ] messages indicating the garbage collection code is
being triggered, the memory bounds should be comparable to somewhat
larger in 2.7 unless something else is going wrong.

I will see if I can compare figures on Debian autobuilders.  On my
personal machine, compiling the 2.6 Debian package with all 4 images
took about 20min.  2.7 clocked in at 90.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire                                        camm@maguirefamily.org