geiser-users

Implementation guessing

From: Neil Baylis
Subject: Implementation guessing
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 08:09:25 -0800

I'm new at geiser, so apologies if there's an obvious answer to this:

Is there a way to configure geiser to use the implementation of the currently running REPL when guessing the implementation for a file?

I have multiple implementations configured, and frequently edit .scm files, but geiser assumes they must be for guile. Sometimes that's correct, but sometimes they are actually for chez etc. I have a chez repl running, and I execute C-x, C-e and geiser complains that there's no repl running for guile. Since there is a REPL running, could there be an option to have geiser choose the implementation it would normally choose for the file, and use that of the REPL instead?