getfem-users

Re: Problem of bilaplacian brick.

From: Tetsuo Koyama
Subject: Re: Problem of bilaplacian brick.
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 10:10:36 +0900

Dear Yevs

I got it. Thanks a lot.

Best Tetsuo

2020年12月13日(日) 4:00 Yves Renard <Yves.Renard@insa-lyon.fr>:

Dear Tetsuo,

The bilaplacian is a fourth order derivative term and the weak
formulation contains second order derivative terms of the unknown and
the test function. So this is normal that you obtain zero for a P1
Lagrange finite element. In fact, you have to use a C1-conformal finite
element to use the bilapalcian brick. For instance Argyris or HCT elements.

Best regards,

Yves

--

   Yves Renard (Yves.Renard@insa-lyon.fr)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08