getfem-users

Re: E field conversation from Nodal to Edge

From: yves . renard
Subject: Re: E field conversation from Nodal to Edge
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 13:56:11 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Egor,

Since Nedelec space is strictly included into the P3 space, I think, you have first to decide the kind of operation you want to do : interpolation or projection.
The interpolation can be done has you described (you can interpolate the P3 fem on the finite element node of the Nedelec FEM, the problem being to perform the scalar product with the right edges).

Concerning the L2 projection, it consists in the assembly of the mass matrix for the Nedelec FEM and the corresponding RHS (Nedelec x P3), then solving the linear system.

Best regards,

Yves