gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] Looking to hack on gforge

From: Julien Goodwin
Subject: [Gforge-devel] Looking to hack on gforge
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:54:54 +1100

I'm looking to hack on gforge, I've been looking at the CVS and the debs I created (anyone having trouble with docbook-to-man in sid BTW?) and have made up a few notes and areas that need working on (although not all of them I can do myself). If you want any of them done, I will do them and provide full diffs.

#1. php4-mcrypt does not appear to be used (rgrepd the tree), remove deps & checking.
#2. If passwords don't match in user rego some data is lost (timezone & more)
#3. Welcome page for new users appears malformed in Opera - is this a theme issue?
#4. LDAP stuff should be changed: SF_Robot => GF_robot (gforge_robot?)
#5. Remove all obsylete sourceforge and debian-sf refrences (mainly URL's & mailing list refs) - www/stats/i18n.php utils/groupcreator i18n files debian/README.Multipack debian/README.Maintainer AUTHORS docs/debian-guide
#6. What's the status of postfix support?
#7. WEB SITES:
Hostnames used:
1. (
www.)$DOMAIN *HAS SSL*
2. cvs.$DOMAIN
3. download.$DOMAIN
4. lists.$DOMAIN *HAS SSL*
www and lists CANNOT be on the same IP address, the rest can be split however wanted. This is because no more then 1 SSL site can be on one IP address -- This is just a cliarification of a message in package configuration
#8. Cookie login? (see savannah) - ie. User clicks a checkbox and login is remembered on that box
#9. Update SSL warning from savannah? - Use user agent to remove warning from known good user agents (opera & ...) (Login page)
#10. sf admin user settings - Should be something like "Local GForge Administrator" not "sourceforge admin"
#11. The install guide for newbies needs updating (due to rename...), also appears not to be in debs. Should be split into two docs, one for debian-sf 2.5, one for gforge 3.0?
#12. is the sf=>gf package needed for 2.6->3.0 migrations or only for 2.5->3.0 migrations?
#13. ldap schemas, DO NOT COMMENT OUT ANY OTHER SCHEMA's, (big LDAP hosts etc. need them) ONLY add the sf schema (and any of the standard ones that are needed but are missing).
#14. SSL certificates, are they generated by the package of not?