gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] Localization

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] Localization
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:24:49 -0600

SPISSER REINHARD wrote:
I'm here again for the Localization issues 8^)

We are currently 3 people interested in replacing hard-coded strings with
getText() calls:
1) Me
2) Francois Elie
3) Ryan Sammartino

I think we can easily start with the latest rewritten code, such as the document manager. In order to avoid conflicts with the xhtml compliance, we can start with the files in common/. I'm also interested in learning xhtml, so while I replace text in .php files, I can also code for xhtml compliance. The job for Ed Ritter should be easier this way. I think we should coordinate to do this job.

Inside of common there should be only a few strings that must be internationalized, such as "permission denied", or "update failed". What I would do, Reinhard, is go into Error.class and add a 2-3 common calls like that. Instead of just $this->setError("Permission Denied"), you would have a call like $this->setPermissionError(), and a small handful of other errors. Then, you only have to localize in Error.class.

There should not be any XHTML in common/ directory, as there should be no html there at all. If there is, it should be cleaned out.

I will contact Edward Ritter next week and see what he has to say about his XHTML patch.

Tim