gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] address@hidden: util_handle_message changes]

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] address@hidden: util_handle_message changes]
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:27:50 -0600

Ryan T. Sammartino wrote:
Sent this 4 days ago but didn't seem to show up...
resending.

I'd like to commit this change but would first like to see if there was
a compelling reason why things are the way they are currently...

The first hunk removes some copy and pasted code.

The second hunk makes sure we don't send e-mail/jabber messages to the
"Nobody" user.  gforge3.sql set Nobody's e-mail address to
address@hidden, so they must be wondering why so much e-mail
is being sent there. :)

The third hunk properly sets the "To:" parameter for e-mail addresses...
this is the thing I'm wondering about... why was it left blank?  Why is
everyone on the BCC: list?  Also, why does util_send_message use BCC:
instead of CC:?  What's the big secret? :)

If 100 people are monitoring a forum, you don't want 100 emails showing up in the header.

I don't know about meddling in this - it took quite a while to debug this bad boy. The CC's to noreply simply pipe into /dev/null so I don't see a huge problem. What *is* a problem is if you call with empty arrays or no arrays, you can wind up aborting your transaction and the error does not propagate up.

Tim