gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-243 ] Gforge from scratch documentation

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Patches-243 ] Gforge from scratch documentation Redhat 8.0 and Gforge beta 1
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 20:51:03 -0600

You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106&aid=243&group_id=1

Category: Doc Manager
Group: None

Initial Comment:
After reinstalling linux yesterday I noticed RPM is
broke in redhat.  I do not mean the gforge rpm, but the
actual rpm program.  Redhat and rpm.org know about it.
 So in the mean time, I decided to install EVERYTHING
from source.  I have managed to get to the same
position as the pdf document.  I have tried to detail
where to get the files and the commands to do it.  I am
not a very good writter, so any help is good.  I will
add mail configuration and cvs/unix when I have it
figured out myself.  But this gets the basic site up
using nothing but source.

I plan on making an rpm install for this, when I figure
out how :) to use rpm.  I had tried the rpm on the site
and it didn't do anything, for me at least.

Also cvsweb stuff is not listed yet, because the cvsweb
script has a bug in it (well maybe not, but the error I
get happens to ALOT of people, something about wrong
params to rlog, I am working on it, Tom is helping).
So when I find out if it is not my fault and I can fix
it, I will add the docs.