gforge-devel

[Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Bugs-265 ] Errors in installation section of GF

From: noreply
Subject: [Gforge-devel] [ gforge-Bugs-265 ] Errors in installation section of GForge User Guide
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:23:48 -0600

Bugs item #265, was opened at 2003-03-24 19:23
You can respond by visiting:
http://gforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105&aid=265&group_id=1

Category: None
Group: v3.0beta1

Initial Comment:
Hi, I just finished installing GForge on a Suse 8.1
system. Well, I doubt that I am really finished but at
least I am getting the main page and registered my
first user.

I found two errors in the installation section in the
GForge guide. The PDF documentation is missing the
command to create the database user gforge. All it
says is

Create the database user:
su - postgres
Answer the following two questions:

The HTML version is correct (thankfully...)

The other error is a missing slash from the
$sys_urlroot variable in the section Configuring
GForge 3.0. The docs read
3. Change the value of the $sys_urlroot to
$sys_urlroot="/var/www/gforge-3.0/www";

It should be
$sys_urlroot="/var/www/gforge-3.0/www/";

Otherwise GForge complains about not being able to
load /var/www/gforge-3.0/wwwthemes/bla/Themes.class.

Now I will be looking for a way to contribute my HOWTO-
install-GForge-on-Suse document. Any hints?