gforth

Re: [gforth] Gforth's fsl-util.*

From: Charles G Montgomery
Subject: Re: [gforth] Gforth's fsl-util.*
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 11:43:54 -0500

On Sunday 25 November 2012 11:00:22 AM Bernd Paysan wrote:
> AFAIK, we install the fsl-util.fth, because FSL loads that particular
> filename.  As we in Gforth don't use that file extension (we use
> .fs), we accidently duplicated the files...

I'm afraid I don't understand this.  While any Algorithm in the Forth
Scientific Library should document clearly any dependence on things
provided by fsl-util.* files, they shouldn't ever specify using a
particular one. A distribution that provides a FSL version or FSL
"harness" can of course specify a particular implementation of the
features provided by fsl-util files.  But the Library itself is supposed
to be independent of any such choice.

I'm just asking about this in case there is something on the FSL site
that needs to be corrected.

regards   cgm