gforth

Re: Bug report

From: Ethan Gardener
Subject: Re: Bug report
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 20:30:07 +0100

> >Type a single letter t or T followed by return
> >
> >Gforth freezes
>
> No, it waits for a TCP connection on port 4444.

If this is the first mention of this, it's obvious no-one but me uses blocked.
;) T in blocked selects a line and inserts text. The trouble is it's part of
the editor vocabulary, and I sometimes found the order unexpectedly reset to
only forth. It doesn't affect me any more because I made my own commands for
blocked, replacing t in particular, but just thought I'd mention the issue. I
can understand only wanting to type a single letter on an onscreen keyboard to
switch the input somewhere else, but I can't help thinking something a little
longer would be more appropriate and less likely to conflict, perhaps tel .