gforth

Re: GNU-hosted F-Droid repository for Android applications written in GF

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: GNU-hosted F-Droid repository for Android applications written in GForth?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 16:15:53 +0200

Am Montag, 3. August 2020, 16:09:27 CEST schrieb J. R. Haigh:
> Why is Gradle required if this is not a Gradle build? Why is the Android SDK
> required if this is an NDK build? Could dependency on Gradle or the Android
> SDK be removed?

No, in the end, you need to compile this some hundred lines long Java program,
and package the whole thing as apk or app bundle.  And that's what Gradle/SDK
does.

> Also, when I last did some Android Java programming in
> 2012, I remember that the Java package-name was a pain, and devised a
> mechanism for specifying the package-name in a single place rather than
> scattered throughout the source tree. Is there an easy way to
> centrally-specify the package-name in your GForth build method?

I think the mess goes down a bit, but maybe needs a bit more work to make it
easier.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*