gforth

Re: Immersion

From: Tomas Hlavaty
Subject: Re: Immersion
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 00:57:03 +0100

On Thu 02 Dec 2021 at 19:16, Anton Ertl <anton@a4.complang.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 09:35:28PM +0100, Tomas Hlavaty wrote:
>> How would a gforth beginner start with this kind of editing?
>
> What I describe ist just viewing, not editing.  Bernd Paysan has
> implemented this in the meantime.

I see.  I found 5.24 Programming Tools in gforth.txt which seems to
describe those tools.  It looks like a good starting point.

> But people who prefer to do without this functionality (e.g., you) can
> also turn the whole AFTER-L functionality off with
> ' noop is after-l

I have no preference so far.  I just started learning forth and I would
like to learn, how experienced people work with it.

Thank you for the noop suggestion.  I might try both options to get a
feel for it.

Is there a way to search history like in ^r in bash?