gforth

Re: Building gforth 0.7.9 under macos with M1 chip

From: tristan
Subject: Re: Building gforth 0.7.9 under macos with M1 chip
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 18:26:11 +0100

On 2022-07-08 09:39, Anton Ertl wrote:
On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 08:53:50PM +0100, Tristan Williams wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone successfully built and run gforth 0.7.9 on a mac with the
M1 chip? I have a 0.7.3 binary (via homebrew) that runs, but my
attempts at building 0.7.9 from the tarball have failed. Any
suggestions gratefully received.

We may be better able to help you if you provide more specifics, in
particular the compilation log.

- anton

Hello Anton,

So far I have followed install.md

    BUILD_FROM=tarball
source ./install-deps.sh # install only the dependencies for a tarball build
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install

and got as far as running make. Attached my output from configure and make.

Best wishes and thanks,
Tristan