glms-hackers

Re: [Glms-hackers] offering help

From: Gaspard
Subject: Re: [Glms-hackers] offering help
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:57:48 +0100 (CET)

Rui,

Rui wrote:

> I'd like to help but could you consider writing in english rather than
> dutch, and then translating to other languages (like Dutch, Portuguese,
> etc?)

This project was started because we where asked to give some
introductional courses about GNU/Linux to computermanagers of schools.
Those courses must be given in Dutch and therefore the course notes are
also in Dutch.

At the moment we have no time to translate the course and doing it without
concrede goal is not really very encouraging. So no. I don't think someone
will translate this course. Actually my opinion is that translating this
course is not very usefull, because there already is a lot of
documentation about GNU/Linux in English: Mandrake comes with installation
manuals when you buy it and Debian has the Debian installation manuals who
are very adequate.

I think you are omnibulated by the title of the project (and you are not
the first, we already had the question to translate): GNU/Linux Voor
Middelbare Scholen (GNU/Linux for schools) but it is really just an
introduction for IT people at schools.

Sincerely,

Gaspard