Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge updaet

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge updaet
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:05:25 +0200

OK, for all win32 glob2 fans, I have made a 'pre-alpha-7' windows release.

That's really very cool, thanks a lot!

I had two crashes:
- When setting fullscreen the game directly crashes.
- Once during the game it crashed...
  It was when the construction of a level 2 school was finished.
  The logs are here:
  http://ysagoon.com/diz/tmp/crashlog00.zip

And I had again a bug with the forbidden areas: I wanted to build a building near a resource, and a globule was just near the resources. When I planted my building, the forbidden area appeared above the unit, but the unit left the area and went onto the resources. It was the first terrestrial unit able to walk on resources! They evolve!! :)

So this makes now 3 bugs for the current area system:
- Units sometimes are sometimes blocked in forbidden areas.
- When building just inside unexplored ground an area appears without reason.
- Units learn to walk above resources when under areas.

Nct, how do you prefer to work: should I put my bugs and/or suggestions into the savannah system?

Gabriel