[glob2-devel] Welcome to new contributors

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Welcome to new contributors
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 00:51:50 +0100

Hello everyone,

Following the message set on ysagoon.com/glob2 main page and up to now, two
people nicely answered and proposed help. By this mail, I would like to
welcome them in the community. I will be short now as it is late and I'll try
to do a bit more logistic until the end of the week-end. I'll be away from
Sunday to Thuesday due to a conference in Torino but after I'll have a bit
more time. It would be cool to setup a time for a discussion on irc once
people will have some idea of how the whole thing works.

For newly arrived people that are interested in coding on glob2, I suggest:
- First have a look at the web page, the wiki and the forum. Subscribe to
development mailing list. Download and compile a version from CVS. Join the
IRC if possible.
- Second, have a look at the files "doc/main engine loop.txt" for a summary
and "doc/sourceCodeUnderstanding.txt" for more detailed informations.

Do not hesitate to ask question on IRC or mailing list. Nuage, the other glob2
core developper reads it and can help for questions about the core engine and
the network, parts that he has mostly written.

Thanks a lot, have fun,

Steph

P.S. Hein-Pieter, I've applied your patch, but I've added the following
condition:
if (strlen(this->nick) < IRC_NICK_SIZE)
Otherwise if strlen(this->nick) == IRC_NICK_SIZE, which can appens, adding _
is a buffer overflow. I've also removed the \0 in the strcat because strcat
adds it automatically. In general, please take extra cares at buffer overflow
because this affects security and is difficult to debug.
Thanks for the patch.

--
http://nct.ysagoon.com