[glob2-devel] Good news

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Good news
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:50:41 +0100

Hello,

Thanks to my new P4 3 Ghz HT I was motivated enough to launch 2 glob2 under
valgrind in network. I was able to track down of of the worst memory trash of
glob2's history. It was a casting from std::string to char *, where the char
* was reused but the std::string already destroyed. So plz, update to latest
CVS and test again if you have time.

This fix potentially fix bugs:
 #11268
Saved game download stops if a new player joins room
#11269
Auto map download doesn't work

I also have more news on:
 #11271
I can reproduce it all the time.
A network game crashes after an area has been drawn

It appears that somewhere bytes are changed and the received order is invalid.
Valgrind detects no memory trash. I'm surprise because UDP spec stats that if
a messaeg is received, it should be ok. I'll investigate this more tomorow.
Luc, perhaps you have an idea ?

http://nct.ysagoon.com