Re: [glob2-devel] Compressed maps - idea

From: moa3333
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Compressed maps - idea
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:40:47 +0100

Hein-Pieter van Braam wrote:

hey all!

I was just looking over the roadmap, and I was thinking a bit about the compressed map thing. I looked into zlib a bit, and I think it would be rather easy to just gzip the maps, and read them in through zlib, that would require a minimum of change to the glob2 code, and dramatically reduce the size of the maps.

might this be an option? I think I can get it done rather quickly.

- hp