Re: [glob2-devel] old contribuions

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] old contribuions
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:42:33 +0100

Hello,

> I have installed and documented the new contributions page.

Thanks.

> How do we bring old contributions?

I will put them in a directory somewhere.

> In the wiki, oposed to the ftp it is extremly difficult to manage many
> files, we prefer a .tar.gz with all the photos.
>
> There is:
>
> -the phtotos directory? do we nead all that photos? Are'nt they on cvs?
> Can we just make a big .tar.gz of them?

photos ? What do you mean ?

> -translations? do we enad them? arent they already in cvs?

They should be merged in the CVS. If not, it was because of a problem. Do not
put them on the wiki again. I will save them somewhere.

> -Old bug reports?

No, they should be on savannah.

> -Old screenshots?

No. We should do new screenshots.

> If we eliminate this, what rests?

The maps.

> The maps, this ones must be uploaded one by one and integrated in the
> page, and documented a bit (since we dont see the photo, they nead to be
> docuemented by their author maybe)

This is a step backward reagarding the anonymous ftp. The problem is that we
can't use the anonymous ftp for the new web site because of the epfl
firewall. But it should be possible to have a custom http/php upload
mechanism and then use the old listing scripts for displaying a specific
directory.

> I cannot erase files i upoad with the graphical interface, only root can :(

Ok, where are they ?

> many files are very difficult to integrate in the wiki,  what do you
> think nct? Should we keep all that little images?

I think that if we can resurect the miniature auto-creation feature for images
and maps it would reduce the trouble a lot. I suggest we investigate the way
we could do it. In the mean time, when I have some time, I will copy the old
datas to a directory in the new server.

http://nct.ysagoon.com