Re: [glob2-devel] New unit proposal

From: Johannes Leimbach
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New unit proposal
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:35:03 +0200

Hello!

My 2cents:

- We can have a new unit, let's call it magician, caster or shadow for now. This unit will undiscover the map around it for the enemy (i.e., recreate black). When upgraded, it could kill explorers.
I would prefer the idea of making the explorer updatable so it discovers the map for you, but hides it for the enemy. Also explorers can kill explorers, they can also attack warriors and do some light damage, though warriors can't attack explorers.

- We can have global effects. For instance, buildings providing prestige could recharge some global action capacities, which can be used globally. I can imagine:
I like the idea of giving the user more possibilities of finetuning unit behaviour, for example there could be a slider to tell worker units whether to get food for inns, or rather build new units. Consider settler2 for a reference.

Bye,
johannes