Re: [glob2-devel] New terrain tiles

From: nct
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New terrain tiles
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:55:24 +0100 (CET)

> Wow, I've finally finished making these new terrain tiles.  This is a
> complete set of new tiles, designed to match the background on the new
> website.  Please try them out by putting them in your ~/.glob2/data/gfx
> directory:
>
>       http://www.globulation2.org/terrain.tar
>
> I'll write a long explanation of how I produced these (including ugly
> Perl scripts!) tomorrow or the next day, and put it on the wiki.

I've just tested it, and it's really nice. You also redid the sand did you ?
I'm a bit afraid the grass is too light (or saturated). Messages are not very
readable on it. But on the other hand that really makes a nice fantasticish
ambiance :-). As you have the script I suppose changing some parameters would
be trivial wouldn't it? Anyone else, your opinions?

Thanks a lot for this work ;-)