[glob2-devel] "free" units and "looking" units

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] "free" units and "looking" units
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:09:11 -0800

I've been examining nicowar lately, and I've noticed that when he
plays a game, at one point in the game, there where more than 30 units
looking for a job, but 0 units "free", and the top left counter showed
-30/96 for workers. Further more, there are numerous buildings that
have been assigned units, but have no units working on them. To test
this out, I placed a clearing flag, put it to 20, and it filled up
instantly, even though there are no "free" units. Nicowar was deciding
that these untis where free and trying to use them, but they continued
to do nothing even though there was available work (I checked the
skill levels, there all correct).

You can test it for yourself on the latest commit, presumably if there
are no behaviour changes or commits up untill then. Try Big Pond,
nicowar as red fighting two castors. What is the difference betweena
unit that is "free" and one that is looking for a job? And could this
be a bug?