Re: [glob2-devel] gradient improvement

From: Nuage
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] gradient improvement
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:26:37 +0200

Check the last CVS for latest updateGlobalGradientVersionSimple().

We found out that this listedAddr[] smashing is more than unlikely to happen.
Anyway I put a test to improve the quality of the gradient if it happen. If this
even happen, the fields closest of the sources will be prioritized. This is
because far gradients are more likely to be wrong in such a case, and more
likely to be recomputed anyway. So this even increase the chances the gradient
to be perfectly right anyway. I think it's the best if we stick to this size of
listedAddr[], and want to keep it simple. As the branch is perfectly
deterministic, the performance losses are unnoticeable. (between 0.1% loss and
0.07% speedup actually.)

Sounds ok to you ?