Re: [glob2-devel] I am taking upon the task as to redesign the map edito

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] I am taking upon the task as to redesign the map editor
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:52:26 +0200

> I'm trying to make the map editor be consistant with the in game-play,

Why?  These are different things and will work better, if we treat each
the way it feels good.  The map editor should feel like the gimp.

We should implement the map editor as a seperate program.
With simple pulldown menus, conventional buttons and multiple windows.
For example there is no reason to shut down the campaign-text-window,
if you want to change something of the landscape.

(In fact I'd like something like this for the game too:  It would be
really nice, if I could keep the statistics open while dealing with
buildings.)

But now to something completely different.
I just got an idea: We might select a part of a map and use the random
map generator on it.  Thereby we create nicer environments on really
big maps.