[glob2-devel] Call for help the main page

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Call for help the main page
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:06:18 +0200

Hi,

I've seen that the main page of glob2 now have some precise call for help. Of
course we need help, but I'm nevertheless a bit worried on some issues:
- There is call for new music but we do not have a strategy concerning music.
The actual ones, although not long enough, are of very high composition
quality and are designed to smoothly mix with the action. I would like to
keep this if possible.
- There is call for new sound. If most people want those sound of course I
agree to have them (although I'm a bit worried it clash with the music), but
there is actually no support in glob2 for event-based sound. This is not hard
to add, but I do not have the time to do it now as all energy is redirected
into allocater/unit state machine rewrite with Nuage. It would be bad if
someone contributed sound that doesn't get used.
The rest is perfectly ok. We don't need to change anything, just keep those
points in mind.

Have a nice day,