[glob2-devel] Tooltip System (end?)

From: Sébastien
Subject: [glob2-devel] Tooltip System (end?)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:34:26 +0200

Hello,
I've been working on the tooltip system this week end. Its first version is
finished (I think that Stéphane should apply the patch soon).
The principle of operation is simple : every Widget now has a constructor wich
takes the tooltip text and the ID of the tooltip font in argument. Only one
constructor is missing, the one for a Text widget where you do not pass the
text to be displayed : first of all because the compilator get confused (one
constructor is char* string string, the other string string string, it
compiles but doesn't have the expected behavior), secondly because when you
build an empty text, you probably don't want a tooltip. So there is a new
method setTooltip(string tooltip, string font) which allow you to define a
tooltip once the Widget is created...
The widget who want to have specific initialization must now have a method
internalInit (it's called as init was, this was changed for technical reasons
If you need more information, tell it...
I'm now going to modify the evenment handling system . If you look at the
Widget's onSDLEvent, you'll notice that almost every widget has a switch or a
if sequence in order to determinate the type of event. This lead to a
situation where every widget perform the same tests. the basic idea is to
have a global switch at the screen level (dispatchEvents) and call a
dedicated method : onButtonDown, onMouseMotion, etc.
Sébastien