Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 20 Preperations
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:00:09 -0700

Well after allot of debugging, we've decided the problem lies in the
fact that Glob2 uses UDP packets, and we are switching the whole
system over to TCP. TCP adds allot of extra security that we need,
I've seen packets come in reverse order, I've seen allot of waisted
checking code that, had we used TCP in the first place, would not have
been required, since TCP garuntees the packets to arrive, and arrive
in the correct order, when possible. This bug is hairy, his system,
which is lagging allot, calls treatData a 20-30 times before it
proccesses a checksum. Mine, on the other hand, did not, only calling
it when it recieved valid data.

From everything we've examined, the switch to TCP will solve this bug,
and others.

--