[glob2-devel] name and password for glob2 irc channel

From: Ruben Zilibowitz
Subject: [glob2-devel] name and password for glob2 irc channel
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:39:28 +1100

I recently registered a nickname and a password for online play through globulation2 (v 0.8.21). I would like to deregister the nickname and change it to something else. However my attempts to do this so far haven't succeeded.

For some reason when I try to login to the irc server irc.globulation2.org through a normal irc client (x-chat in my case), I can't login with my nick and password using the standard "/msg nickserv IDENTIFY <password>" command. It tells me that my password is not correct, even although it is the same password I have been using in globulation2.

I was hoping to login through x-chat then type "/msg nickserv drop". But it won't recognise my password. Yet globulation2 logs me in without any problems. I must be missing something. Does globulation2 actually register your nickname and password through nickserv?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ruben Zilibowitz