Re: [glob2-devel] problem with the script engine

From: General Mecanor Icarus xTarget
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] problem with the script engine
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:02:51 +0000

so the problem is infact to do with the save enginge messing up scripts?

On 07/03/07, Robert Martin <address@hidden > wrote:
On 3/7/07, Kyle Lutze <address@hidden > wrote:

>  That's a good idea. I believe lots of games disable certain functions
> during tutorials until it is time for the user to start learning those
> functions.

> Sent: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:15:25 -0400
> Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] problem with the script engine
>

> Suggestion: Allow scripts to turn off the upgrade option for buildings.
>

> On 07/03/07, Robert Martin <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Ive been playing the game and ive hit on something of a huge bug
> > In the tutorial it is way to easy to run off the rails and miss a script
> prompt
> > 1 upgrading units before you have been prompted to
> > 2 missing the flag setting part of the tutorial (right after you build
> > the defense towers)
> > 3 various points in the unit creation bits
> > --
> > Robert L Martin
> > oh side point how do i contact the forum admin to unlock my account?

This would be the problem functions do not get reenabled when the time
comes if the script has run off the rails
a suggested fix during a save reload cycle check the state of the game
and if the game state and the script mismatch run the script forward
to match (like in the game i have running i should be getting the
explorer flag part of the tutorial but it seem to be jammed (i have 2
level 3 towers in the correct position and ive been upgrading
everything)

--
Robert L Martin