Re: [glob2-devel] Developer documentation displacement

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Developer documentation displacement
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:07:05 +1200

I''ve noticed that Kieren has moved all developer-related documentation to
http://globulation2.devjavu.com/

I said I would. If this SVN thing doesn't work out in the end, I'll just put them back up somewhere else (probably back at the old wiki.

I still think that thoses doc should be inside glob2 sources and doxygen
compiled eveyday from HEAD.

For comments and such, yes. But for things like the new core system bradley is working on, how can you put that in code without actually coding it. Putting it down on one page for people to review is the better thing.

In addition, there is things I would not classify as developer documentation
such as :
http://globulation2.devjavu.com/projects/globulation2/wiki/Universe_Background
imho this is clearly community related and should stay on the wiki.

I disagree. The information there is still editable by the community, but it is targeted to developerrs (making tutorials or capaigns), not players. Thats what goes on the TRAC. Ifnromation targeted to developers (not nessarily made by them, but for them).

I think code related documentation should go along with the source and use
doxygen and the rest should stay in the wiki.

The wiki, with the developer stuff, isn't suitable IMO. It needs a seperate place. Many projects have things like http://site.com/ and http://dev.site.com or http://area51.site.com/. Think of http://globulation2.devjavu.com/ as the latter 2.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/