[glob2-devel] Mercurial, Branching and Merging

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Mercurial, Branching and Merging
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:05:58 -0400

I've read up on Mercurial, and for the most part I understand the
system. I know that we have a master copy hosted at
https://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/. But what about branches? Mercurial
seems to imply that every clone of a respitory is a branch, and in
Glob2, we will just merge those branches back into the master.

But what about shared branches? If we wanted to do a shared branch,
someone would have to host that respitory in the same way that we host
the current master here? And does this not imply that the admin has to
be available whenever we want to do a shared branch? Or am I missing
something?

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.