[glob2-devel] our mercurial repository

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: [glob2-devel] our mercurial repository
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:38:59 +0100

Hi *,

I suggest to move the rest of our data and the maps into the mercurial
repository.
That would be less then 10mb (half of this results from the music).
I know that we planned a fancy online map system, but it might take
years until someone
takes the time to code it.

It would be more convenient to just clone a couple of repositories for
different branches
locally without having to copy data and maps.

Because we only use one repository, I believe 10mb won't be a problem.
But we could leave the music files out of the repository, if size matters.
They are not necessary for developmental purposes.
Steph has to decide.

The second point of this mail is, that I want to change the name of
our master branch
from "master" to "default".  This is more convenient, because
"default" is the default
name for the master branch in mercurial and is treated somewhat special in newer
mercurial versions.
If nobody complains, I'll put a new revision of the "default" branch
on top of our
"master" branch next week and update every documentation that I'll find.
After that I'll announce the exchange on glob2-announce .