Re: [glob2-devel] Window packager, please fix this

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Window packager, please fix this
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 05:14:44 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Hello,

The Windows installer of glob2 has a nasty bug:
Windows Uninstaller removes files that weren't installed by globulation
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?21011

We should fix it as soon as possible, because this is a very bad behaviour that could bring us very bad reputation.

Thank you,

Steph

The install-instructions in the wiki read:
 Microsoft Windows

    * Download the latest runtime package and unzip it anywhere.
* Open the folder glob2_runtime and double click glob2.exe to uninstall, just remove the directory "glob2_runtime" where you extracted the .zip.

We mailed to that topic in early september and i put up a clear warning on what would happen if uninstall was issued. is uninstall deactivated for now?? if not we should keep the clear warning!

Leo

--
Wer mir seinen Brief im verschlossenen Kuvert schicken möchte, kann das mit diesem Schlüssel tun:
http://wiki.leowandersleb.de/index.php/Public_Key