[glob2-devel] Arranged Game Message on server

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Arranged Game Message on server
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:19:28 -0400

One of the major barriors thats keeping the online community from growing is that two YOG players never connect at the same time, even though we can sometimes get quite a steady flow of players. So, I've devised a simple way to try to coerce players into connecting at the same time.

Bassically, we have arranged games. There is an arranged game every so often, like every 2 hours or every 4 hours. And the server sends messages to the YOG lobby like "The next arranged game is in 1 hour 35 minutes, come join!". This will help to push players into connecting at the same time by organizing them, so they will begin to play online more often, and eventually, play all the time, growing our community.

What do you think?
--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.