[glob2-devel] Generalized functions in SGSL

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Generalized functions in SGSL
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:40:08 +0200

Hi,

In order to support some of Kieran's wishes until we get the new scripting
language, I've done some cleanup in SGSL: I've added the ability to add new
functions to SGSL very easily, by adding a member to the Story object,
writing a small description for the parser, and adding them in the Mapscript
constructor. Have a look at the toto() function for an example.

When I get some time, I plan to switch some existing function to this model.
If someone wants to help, you are very welcome.

This little trick works only for functions, not for conditions, but it should
allow us to add at least some feature to SGSL without too much pain.

Have a nice day,