Re: [glob2-devel] yet another server

From: jon Neal
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] yet another server
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:12:13 -0400

Question, what would be requirements for that? Concerning up/down bandwidth, computer specs, etc..

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
hi list

a friend of mine is working at technical university of munich and he's setting up a server for us. my box is rather small and we've hit the limits several times already apart from it being slow when it comes to video downloads.
the good thing about the offer would be rather unlimited webspace, a backup strategy, lots of cpu and ram. the down side would be that he can't provide full root access. the state as of now is that he has lamp set up and he's working on a continuous integration system such that any change committed would get compiled by a separate compile server and pushed back so it can get executed on the server. To further protect the server, he thinks about setting up a virtual machine to run the yog servers in separated from the actual server.

i'm curious how this will all work one day but i believe in him knowing what he's doing.

greetings,

leo wandersleb