Re: [glob2-devel] Hints support in USL + questions

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hints support in USL + questions
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:25:29 -0400

Ok. Is it ok for you if in USL they are accessed through the gameGui
namespace ? It would let the game namespace free of anything but the core
engine. Or we can make another namespace. Making a good API is important.

Moreover, do you want the script to be able to add/remove any of them (in
addition to show/hide) or not?

Have a nice day,

 I think that hints and objectives fit into the game namespace like anything else stored in the map. I think they should be fixed, the script shouldn't be able to show and hide them, just control them. This reinforces the system where they are a game element, just displayed by game gui. However, if you feel that it makes more sense from the script API's perspective to view it as if it where in gamegui, thats fine. I just feel that the information should be attached to the game rather then the game gui, and GameGUI's only responsibiliy is to display that information, not store it.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.