[glob2-devel] terrain graphic

From: dryad
Subject: [glob2-devel] terrain graphic
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 02:47:17 +0100 (BST)

now things are starting to get slightly better, so I got more time to
dedicate to globulation too^^

I completed the terrain graphic (all 256 used tiles: terrain0.png to
terrain255.png)
and also changed the water0 layer.

you can find them here
www.winterdryad.co.uk/globulation2/terrain.zip
www.winterdryad.co.uk/globulation2/water0.png

I was wondering just simple thing to improve it:

Saving the terrain file (as the other files) in only 1 tiled png.
I remember someone said that colors were a bit too strong last time, so,
making different samples, saving 256 files again and again requires time
and it's a mess.
Instead, having the terrain.png tiled file (as for the worker.png or
warrior.png files) would improve the graphic creation process a lot.

basically this file will keep things clean^^:
www.winterdryad.co.uk/globulation2/terrain.png

if you have difficulties of any kind in loading a non ^2 image I can split
it in 4 chunks of 256x256 (that will still keep things clean)

PS
for the water 3 layers should be fine, but I need some time for
calculating the right angle and speed according to the texture