Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 5 default maps

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 5 default maps
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 01:28:29 +0100

hi migi,

thanx for bringing that up now. those maps you listed for removal are all maps
that annoyed me, too. actually some are only maps i created to test my random
map generator so they are absolutely pointless in the release ;)
http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2-new/rev/6d0e8eabc7c2
looks like those maps have been in since before the switch to mercurial.

> REMOVE:
> - "newislands green blue": It's unbalanced, with few resource, no place to
> build, and generally frustrating.
> - "Tower Defense for 2": It's broken. Period.
> - "A new try" (maybe): It's the same as "newislands green blue", only
> slightly better.
> - "The sand square" (maybe): the original goal seemed to be to get to the
> opponent's sand square, though that script seems broken as well.
> - "Scarse supply": Supply is actually not that scarce, and overall it's just
> a boring random generated map.
> - "Stone bases": while I like the idea, there is no fertility on this map.
> Maybe a well around each base would solve this.

removed them all.

> ADD:
> + "Balanced"/"Balanced for 2": Probably the maps that are played most often
> online. Why not add them? (maybe rename "Balanced" to "Balanced for 4")

please do so. they are fun. best would be to use something like -u"zenfur
<address@hidden>" in the commit.

> + "Oazis": it's an 11-player map! Like "playground" but better! It's a
> little laggy though...
> + "Island of the Renfur": It's different from the other maps, and it looks
> quite fun.
> + "Sand river": This is a nice map where you can ally with AI and do 2v2 or
> 3v3 (or 1v5).
> + "Mazury": looks like a nice replacement for all the bad 2 player maps I'd
> like to see removed.
> + "Archipelago": A unique 5 player map, and we don't have any 5 player maps
> yet.

don't know these. Please get to a decision until Wednesday and add maps
accordingly. Only try to keep size at about what it was before.

> RENAME:
> "One on One" -> "Dejan's 1v1": or something else. Just not "one on one",
> that's no name.

it's Dejans now.
Also renamed weakness to have a capital W.
I gues i will remove others later.

Regards,

leo wandersleb