Re: [glob2-devel] Scripting in beta5

From: Michiel De Muynck
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Scripting in beta5
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:35:15 +0100

2010/1/26 Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden>:
> On Monday 25 January 2010 22:49:51 Leo Wandersleb wrote:
>> hi martin,

>> > Yes, ASAP obviously.
>>
>> great to hear you want to work on it. any plans converting the existing
>> campaigns to usl? any plans to have it running by next weekend? plan was to
>> release if there are no objections but with some definite date anywhere
>>  near i would not oppose to delay one or two more weeks.
>
> I am not sure that this is realistic. Even if Martin implements USL before
> release, USL will need testing for people to feel confortable with, write
> documentations, etc... As I previously said, I think that the best is to add a
> command line switch to choose MapEdit's script mode.
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> Steph
>
> --
> http://stephane.magnenat.net

I have looked at writing this command line switch and even though there was
a "mode = USL;" line it was not possible to change this to "mode = SGSL;"
without major code changes. I tried it anyway, but once I thought I had
finished and loaded up the editor, there were at least 3 segfaults that
immediately popped up. At that point I just gave up, because who knows how
many segfaults there would still come or - even worse - not be discovered
before we release.

I hope Martin knows a quick way to implement this command-line switch.

M.