Re: [glob2-devel] Fixed multi-language scripting

From: Michiel De Muynck
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Fixed multi-language scripting
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:36:30 +0100

2010/2/13 Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden>
Hello,

I have added the command line switch to choose the scripting provided in the
map editor. I have reverted the default mode to SGSL, and USL can be selected
using -usl switch (and sgsl forced using the -sgsl switch).

I have also fixed the execution of the tutorial, which was broken because
someone switch the keyword detection of SGSL to case-sensitive. Please, do not
change something as fundamental as this without knowing and without testing.

I have also cleaned the naming of Mapscript/MapScript, now the SGSL version is
called MapScriptSGSL, and the USL version is called MapScript.

I have noticed that USL integration is broken now (but was probably broken
then as well), as trying to execute a USL script leads Glob2 into an infinite
loop, perhaps because of non-initalized variables, see show below as annex 1.

I have committed these changes to hg.globulation2.org in master, maybe we one
should backport them for beta5, as it resurrects SGSL.

While running in valgrind, I have also noted uninitialised variables in Unit,
which might be bad, see Annex 2 at the end of this mail.

Well, hopefully this contributes to the liveliness of Glob2, and allows time
for proper integration of USL.

Have a nice week-end everyone,