Re: [glob2-devel] scons vs. other build tools.

From: Artur D
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scons vs. other build tools.
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 23:29:16 +0100

Hello,

Is the game development/support still going on? I have a lot of sentiment for this game and I was wondering about re-creating the game in some game engine like godot or unreal engine. Did anyone consider using godot for this project as in creating gloublation3 (possibly 3-d)?

Cheers,
Zenfur

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 at 18:43, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 30 December 2019 16:46:02 CET, address@hidden wrote:
>Sometimes I feel lonely thinking that I still code using just a text
>editor and a compiler...^^

I did that until recently, but for refactoring having support saves time, although there is a cost for IDEs to run as even nowadays they tend to feel sluggish if the computer they run on is not very fast.

>Besides jokes, I remember that some parts of the interface were oddly
>hardcoded. Can we just just plan to read everything we need from a
>configuration file instead?

We can extend configuration files of course, but it's not related to the build system, or do you see a special need from the build system?

cheers,

Stephane