gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] stat-prefetch unstable

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: [Gluster-devel] stat-prefetch unstable
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:46:42 -0400 (EDT)

I started up my larger glusterfs (16 disks on one node mirrored to 16 other disks on another node, all unified), and noticed that stat-prefetch still has some issues.

This filesystem had a bunch of /usr copies and copies of my home directory. A du was not fully successful (it would die prematurely,saying that several directories were not found, even though they were clearly there). Also, when I started multiple 'rm's on both nodes, the glusterfs processes would die within a few minutes. I remounted and tried again many times.

When I removed stat-prefetch from my configuration, the removes ran to completion, so it seems solid without stat-prefetch.

It looks like stat-prefetch dies under heavy meta-data stress...

Thanks,

Brent