gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Problem with Firefox/Mozilla on GlusterFS

From: Gordan Bobic
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Problem with Firefox/Mozilla on GlusterFS
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:55:44 +0000

Anand Avati wrote:
 Mozilla's use of SQLite seems to be unreliable on GlusterFS concerns me.

Can you post the log files of the session where Mozilla misbehaved?

Nothing at all appears in the logs. Here's how to re-create the problem on a Linux box (CentOS 5). Put your home directory on GlusterFS. Fire up Firefox (I'm using 3.x at the moment, but previous versions did the exact same thing). Save a couple of bookmarks. Exit Firefox. Check bookmarks - they won't be there. This doesn't happen when the home directory is on ext3 of NFS.

Software versions:
glusterfs-2.0.0qa1-1
fuse-2.7.3glfs10-1
dkms-fuse-2.7.4-1.nodist.rf