gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Can I bring a development idea to Dev's attention?

From: Ed W
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Can I bring a development idea to Dev's attention?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:43:39 +0100

 On 26/09/2010 09:48, Gordan Bobic wrote:

I still think it would be worth investigating interfacing with DLM, which already does this sort of thing, and is already there. Untill the scope for re-using that is investigated, it may better to hold off on re-inventing that particular wheel.

Well, I guess I didn't really mean to specify the details of the solution, only the requirements. If DLM does the job, then fantastic!

It seems like we have been here before:

I for one would be interested to investigate whether it's possible to financially influence the appearance of this kind of locking/performance optimisation. I'm just a small business so perhaps others would also like to choose this time to also indicate their support?

Cheers

Ed W