gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] 3.4.0qa1: protocol error on node creation

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 3.4.0qa1: protocol error on node creation
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:09:36 +0530

On 10/18/2012 10:03 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Emmanuel Dreyfus <address@hidden> wrote:

It seems FUSE related. Trace shows node created with type VNON, which
bugs the calling code.

I will investigate further.

I can create nodes on filesystem root. It fails in any subdirectory.

FUSE trace shows that on root, it first lookups the name to be created,
gets -ENOENT, and create the file

In a subdirectory, lookup succeeds despite the file being inexistant.
The file is type VNON, size 0, device 0

I can work around the problem by modifying the FUSE implementation so
that when loukups gives me VNON, I return ENOENT, but I beleive the real
problem is in glusterfs.

Can you try with a custom volume file with just posix translator in it? If the test passes successfully there, we can add more translators into the mix and see where the problem comes from.

-Vijay