Re: [Gm2] GM2 - circular dependancies ?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] GM2 - circular dependancies ?
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:01:30 +0000

Hi Matthias,

thanks for the bug report and also test code, sorry I've not replied earlier
I've just returned from holiday. I've reproduced your bug and
your code is perfectly correct and it exposes a compiler bug. I've fixed
the bug (and also the bug report by Iztok shown by ConvTypes.mod).
and I'm in the process of uploading the sources to the CVS server.
Should be available tonight, together with an improved modula-2 ised `gdb'.

> i would like to port a rather large Modula-Project (Logitech Modula-2
> Release 4.0) to GM2. I started with some basic modules

I'm extremely interested to hear how to get on - I used the Logitech compiler
over 10 years ago now (cannot remember the release number) but one of the
examples given in gm2 (the maze generator) was developed using that compiler.